Upon publication of Elements of Design, and after 14 years of service, Louis Nelson stepped down as Chair of the Rowena Fund and Tucker Viemeister was named Chair, a position he continues to hold. Elements of Design was enthusiastically received and for more than a decade and a half. More than 60,000 copies have been printed, widely read, and used as a teaching tool, in the US and abroad. With the active help and financial support of generous fund members, and the efforts of Viemeister, who negotiated with universities and private publishers, the book has been translated and published in six languages:
- Japanese (translated by Midori Imatake)
- Spanish (translated by Jaime F Gomez)
- Korean (translated by Sun Hee Kim)
- Portuguese (translated by Claudio Magalhães)
- and Chinese
In addition, Rowena Fund members have given courses and workshops based on Miss Reed’s methodology in colleges and universities around the world:
- Gerry Gulotta and Kathryn Fila at the University of Guadalajara, Mexico
- Lenny Bacich at University of Kalmar, School of Design, Sweden and Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Germany
- Linda Celentano at University of Kalmar, School of Design, Sweden
- Sun Hee Kim at Samsung Art and Design Institute, Seoul, Korea
- Karen Stone at Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, Korea and ten-day intensive student study abroad in Matagalpa, Nicaragua
- Tucker Viemeister at Tecnolуgico de Monterrey, Mexico and Esslinger Master Studio, Shanghai Institute of Visual Arts, China.
And more to come!